Okay let's chat about the project I used old ochre I just love the color it's a combination of ivory and tan really nice. Without any sanding or priming I painted on two coats and then a few days later I had time to apply the wax and do a little distressing. Here are my tips some of these have been posted before but it's worth repeating.
- After you've painted apply the clear wax in a small amount don't glop it on.
- Follow the grain.
- Distress your areas the chalk paint comes off so easy
- I then applied more clear wax and then used the dark wax.
- JUST A DAB! The dark wax is very dense in color so just a dab.
- If you don't put clear on first you will make more work for yourself.
- Use a wipe to remove the excess.
- Remember you can always apply more take your time until you get the hang of it.
My clever way of painting knobs and handles, prop those little suckers on toothpicks or skewers stick in styrofoam and spray away! (Forgot to mention on last post)
Until the next time.............